Friday, April 5, 2013

Hi-Fructose magazine: Resist

Maybe you like it maybe you don't, I do this is for certain. I enjoy the type treatment for the article title "Alex Gross" with its ornate 1960s vintage vibe  with teardrop scroll terminals, yum. It almost looks like a logo or branding, could be. I Also enjoy the pairing of the bright blue colored logo-esc name next to the super  saturated illustration/painting of the girl drinking a beverage.  How very appealing that it is displayed next to a grotesque sans serif widely set modern typeface on the opposite page. Furthermore, i do enjoy the pairing of the super ornate title and the compact text below, very contemporary and daring pull-quote/1st paragraph. I enjoy the fact that the rest of the body copy is in a roman sans serif typeface and in a smaller size so after the reader has been jazzed up and pulled in, can settle in and enjoy reading this article. Interesting composition and placement as well...I cant help but look and like. I will keep these ideas in mind and would like to experiment with this technique in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment