Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ceci Magazine

So my friend ordered an extra copy of this Korean magazine called Ceci and gave it to me, so I thought it would be interesting to examine something from a different country. Ceci is a fashion magazine that features advertisements for make up and beauty products, skin care, clothes, and special spreads on Korea Idols. It's directed towards young to middle aged women. What caught my eye the most was the cover page and also the table of contents.

The title is a serif display font. It's bold and takes up the upper 1/4 of the cover, while the bottom title is a white San-serif closely resembling Futura.


The contents page also has a serif display font for the title, which is also bold making it easy to read at the top. The bottom text is made up of English and Korean text. The bold English text looks like its also from the Futura family.
I like how the text and visuals were separated into top and bottom. The fonts used are simple and the layout of the columns make the text look easy to read (if I could read Korean). I would like to try a spread similar to the one used in the table of contents because I think everything is well balanced in terms of placement and hierarchy of the text. 

No comments:

Post a Comment