Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wedding Typography with a TWIST

Oh my gawd, do I have an exciting post for you all!! You're gonna wanna read this.

Ok, I'm a sucker for all things romantic, so I knew right away that I wanted my next blog post to theme around Wedding Invitations/Save-the-Date cards. While I was browsing around for one with whimsical, eye-catching typography, I came across this article:


A Save-the-Date for the Lone Star State




Right away, I fell in love with how the designer was able to unite all of the different font styles into one beautiful invitation that told the story of how this couple met. I noticed that the designer's name was Jen James from Two Paperdolls Studio, and she had designed these custom, for her own sister's wedding!

Now trust me—It gets even better.

I decided to poke around their site to learn more about the studio, and learned that they are located in Wayne, PA. I then came across their "Meet the Team" section. They had a really interesting, interactive element on this page that allows you to click on the face of a designer, put it on a paper doll, and learn more about them. I found Jen James face, clicked on her doll, and LO-AND-BEHOLD...






...this completely random designer who works for a studio in Wayne, PA that created a random wedding invitation that I just-so-happened to like enough to post in this blog, is a graduate from the Communication Design program at TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY!!! Honestly, what are the chances?!

I have no idea when she graduated, but I just thought that was pretty cool, to find a successful example of what our very own graduates have accomplished, to inspire everyone here. Don't give up your dreams of becoming a successful designer!!

Check out her page, and connect with her through her social media links.

Fun fact: I don't know if ya'll remember seeing this in the art building last semester, but if you do, she's the one that designed the calender, for the studio she works at! Hope you enjoyed this post!




No comments:

Post a Comment