Sunday, January 27, 2013

Frontage Typeface


Frontage Typeface:
Frontage is a charming layered type system with endless design possibilities using different combinations of fonts and colors. Achieve a realistic 3D effect by adding the shadow font or just use the capital letters of the regular and bold cut for stark artwork.

The typeface's design is based on a simple grid which creates the friendly, handcrafted look of facade signs. It is generously spaced for maximum impact of your message. 

As a display typeface Frontage loves color and is suitable for headlines and logotypes. Details include 224 characters in six styles and manually edited kerning.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Frontage-Typeface-freefont/3292158






I chose this typeface because I really loved the personality it had. I also enjoy the spacing and how the type reads with the shadows, colors, and patterns. I think it is a fun type and can be used on all different types of things. Similar to my other posts this too is a more decorative typeface then what I would typically gravitate to. It's funny that the first two posts I found type that was really decorated and then when looking at this type it is kind of a halfway point between my first few posts and what I usually work with in my designs. I would love to get to use this type on a project or maybe even find a way to get it into my portfolio. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment