Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yomar Augusto


Typeface: Unity
Classification: Sans Serif
Designer: Adidas & Yomar Augusto (at 180 Amsterdam)





I listened to a podcast interview on TypeRadio between the hosts and Designer Yomar Augusto, they mentioned this typeface which is called 'Unity'. Unity was created by a collaboration between Adidas and Augusto to be used by Adidas as the typeface for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. It was described as his 'moment of glory' because it is the most visible typeface of his career.
This typeface was showcased on the jerseys of the soccer players, banners, soccer balls, website, etc.
I enjoy this typeface of the jerseys, it seems cleaner than most typefaces used on jerseys. I love that it was the unifying component of the 'World' Cup.
I really enjoy the subtle curves throughout the typeface, I would definitely use and experiment with this typeface or similar typefaces like in my work.



http://yomaraugusto.com/category/type/#/chiquita

No comments:

Post a Comment