Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Rolling Stone Magazine "Tribute 1973 Issue"


I chose this Rolling Stone Cover because I really enjoyed the decorated text they used as their title. I always think Rolling Stone as good type and layout but when I saw this older style tribute to 1973 I was just really drawn in by the hand quality look and feel they achieved with this title. I also really thought it was neat how they tied the text in with the drawn imagery.


This is from a Rolling Stone with two covers, this was the one paying tribute to 1973. On the inside you find these timelines that have historical events or things going on during that year. The other cover was on the inside as the second layer with the current up to date issue info. I liked how they tied it all together to give the tribute its look and feel. It was easily understood as cohesive and you knew the timeline went with the cover just by text style and the color choices they went with.























I think lately I have been drawn to these stylized typefaces and decorated texts because it is very different from what I typically use and what I have been working with lately. Designing heavy for web and mobile platforms as well as setting up my portfolio I am used to working with clean, very modern type so its kind of nice to get to investigate into other type choices that I don't get to use on a regular day to day basis. Similar to my first post I hope for at least one of my projects in this course I can find a way to incorporate some type of decorated text.

No comments:

Post a Comment