Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gameinformer


Here I present an article from a magazine called Gameinformer. The article is titled “Why we Play.” The typeface used to create the headlines is a square serif typeface. According to whatthefont.com the typeface is called Boton BQ Pro designed by Albert Boton in 1986 at the Berthold type foundry. The quotations are also set in Boton BQ. The body of the article is a sans-serif typeface, of which the name I did not find.





Gameinformer is a magazine for videogame enthusiasts. It is a part of the GameStop network. It covers the releases of new games, reviews games that are out, and anything game related you can think of.

This article is well designed. I remember the first time I skimmed through the magazine it caught my eye. The way the type is handled amongst the illustration brought me to being interested in what it had to say. The type hierarchy is nice, and the insets help to break up the columns of text. The grid used to layout the article gives a clean feel.

The way this article is designed will influence how I think about incorporating text and images together. This is one way of making a clean combination of the both without losing the playfulness of the illustration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment