Sunday, February 17, 2013

Children's Creativity Museum

I like the typography used in promotional brochure designed by Viet Huynh for the Children's Creativity Museum in San Francisco. The overall goal for the new brochure was to create a vibrant design that would also expand the museum's demographics and increase museum membership and attendance. They used bright colors, kid-friendly graphics, and very legible sans-serif typefaces.


I love the cover of the brochure, where the designer made the word "CREATE" the same color as the background, using a drop shadow for differentiation.





I love how the designer used different colors to create hierarchy within the text. It helps me tell what is a title and what is body text. I also appreciate that the black & white colored text is still readable on the bold colored backgrounds. I'd like to use this technique in my work sometime. 




But of course... what I love MOST about this brochure is that it includes a sticker and when you unfold it completely, it becomes a coloring page to keep the kiddos entertained!



http://creativity.org/
http://www.behance.net/gallery/Childrens-Creativity-Museum-Brochure/4129419






No comments:

Post a Comment