Friday, February 15, 2013

Abstract Expressionist New York- MoMA


So I was browsing through the inspirational links that were given to look at for inspiration and I found this exhibit to be extremely eye catching in my opinion. I absolutely love the color choice and the fact that the whole exhibit works beautifully together. From piece to piece you couldn't mistake that they were all part of one whole with the design of this exhibition. 




"Drawn entirely from the Museum’s vast holdings, Abstract Expressionist New York underscores the achievements of a generation that catapulted New York City to the center of the international art world during the 1950s, and left as its legacy some of the twentieth century’s greatest masterpieces."


I really enjoy how the main title and the design of that idea follows throughout the exhibit. For example the titles of each floor are styled in a similar way. The Big Picture, Rock Paper Scissors, and Ideas Not Theories were all the different floors and themes in which they set up the gallery depicting what kind of art was on which floor. Overall I think they did a great job on the overall campaign of the exhibition and the time they spent on this can be seen in how well it all came together. Hopefully my exhibit will be able to be as well put together as this is! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment