Monday, February 25, 2013

Handmadefont- A4


This font was made by an Estonia based design company named HMF (Hand Made Font) founded in 2008 by Vladimir Loginov and Maksim Loginov. The company specializes in developing nontraditional and unique fonts. You can buy the fonts they make and use them freely and they have an animated video for most of their creations, which I thought was pretty neat. Each letter is made from one piece of A4 print paper, which can be interchanged with other colors as well. The font is san serif, bold, and block like.  























I really like that simple slits and subtle folds can create the letter forms. My favorite letter is "A" because there are minimal folds , yet I can recognize it's characteristics. I'm glad they let the folds rise rather than flattening them out because the shadows are interesting as well. I can see this font in an educational environment or office supply store. On future projects I'll take into consideration that almost anything can be used as a medium to create font. The simplest suggestions can convey a lot of information.

Animated Video here:   http://vimeo.com/21063281

Links: http://www.handmadefont.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment