Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Person You Love is 72.8% Water


I found this example of expressive typography on Behance, and it was done by a student at the beginning of her journey into the type world, just like us!. The poster was drawn by Teagan White for a class asssignment in an Intro to Typography course. The purpose of the assignment was to show type as an image, while interpreting this quote from "The Art of Looking Sideways" by Alan Fletcher. I felt like this was an accurate representation of Alan Fletcher's quote.


I love all the detail Teagan White put into these letters, and I especially love the combination of very precise marks alongside smudges and "mistakes." I love the artist's guide marks she left in the design that look as though she forgot to erase them. The way she incorporated them into the final design gives the typography more character, so to speak, which I would love to be able to do with one of my own designs. I also like how she used color to emphasize the words "you love."

http://www.behance.net/gallery/the-person-you-love-is-728-water/375846
http://www.teaganwhite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment