Monday, February 25, 2013

Memento Venerem

I found a really neat branding system that uses the typeface History. It is a sans-serif typeface from Typotheque and is based on Roman inscriptional capitals. It has 21 different styles that comes with the typeface. Memento Venerem is a multi-brand sports store located on top of the ancient Roman remains of the temple of Venus. The fact that the typeface is inspired by Roman capitals helps to tie the brand to Roman history. 

Memento Venerem uses the typeface in an interesting way. They've adorned it with glyphs for the logo which gives it character. It also reminds me of some of the elaborate decorations of some of the ancient Roman temples.



They utilize the various styles within the font family to create the full name. I found that to be a nice way to incorporate variation. At first I didn't realize that it was just the different styles from the family. When I realized that I thought that it was unique.
Memento Venerem has incorporated their name into various other things related to the store. They all help to emphasize their brand. I like how unified it feels over the entire system. I hope to be able to incorporate that into my exhibition.



http://fontsinuse.com/uses/2626/memento-venerem
http://www.typotheque.com/fonts/history

No comments:

Post a Comment