Monday, February 11, 2013

Santana - Winnie the Pooh



As a child, I loved the playfulness of the typography that interacted on the pages of Winnie the Pooh story books, and how that element continued to play a part in the movies and tv shows as well. The type works alongside the pictures (climbing, falling, being blown away, etc), all the better help tell the story. It was hard finding most of the examples that I remember (it was a long time ago, and I do not own the books at the moment), but I thought it was definitely worth sharing and being nostalgic about. I've also posted some links to youtube videos that demonstrate this type-play. Take note: all of the text I've seen in the Winnie the Pooh series have consisted of serifs.

Winnie the Pooh - Letter Ladder
Winnie the Pooh - A Blustery Day


No comments:

Post a Comment