Sunday, February 10, 2013

MOD Magazine




MOD is a magazine that showcases Fashion , Architecture and Graphic design. In regards to layout there was no particular style so it allowed creative freedom while trying to remember the target audience.


I chose MOD magazine because it had some interesting layout and body copy which I found browsing on Behance. Most of the time body copy is very simple and plain and the display type usually gets most of the spotlight. I thought the design was very well thought out and I also enjoyed how depending on the section you were looking at you got a similar feel. For example the architecture section above was very clean cut and showcased the photos nicely with the characters kind of breaking the frame with the photos as the background which leads your eye nicely down to the copy. Another thing I really enjoyed about all these spreads was the amount of whitespace they used and how they used it. It is very effective and overall is just very attention grabbing and pleasing to the eye. Below in the fashion section the play between photos and copy is really interesting and I believe done well. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment